The Central Intelligence Agency
Overseas Career Opportunity as an Operations Officer
When the quest for the bottom line is not enough, we have a mission like no other. More than a job, it's a calling.
The Central Intelligence Agency seeks qualified, patriotic professionals and entrepreneurs with a wide range of backgrounds, skill sets, and life experiences to serve overseas as Operations Officers in the Clandestine Service. For the individual who is seeking a unique and high-impact international career opportunity, we offer a way of life that challenges the deepest resources of an individual's intellect, self-reliance and sense of responsibility.
As an Operations Officer you can expect to serve on the front lines of the intelligence collection business by clandestinely recruiting and handling sources with access to foreign intelligence information. Operations Officers must be able to deal with fast-moving and ambiguous situations and also be sensitive to local customs, traditions and business practices. This requires discipline, dedication, focus, intuition, "street smarts" and the ability to cope with stress. While the challenges are great, the reward of knowing that you are playing a role in protecting the nation's security is even greater.
Individuals must be physically located in the US to respond to this posting. If you are outside of the US, please wait to respond until after you have returned to the States.
• US Citizen, Dual US Citizen, or US Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status;
• Experience living/working/traveling and/or studying abroad, ideally four or more years cumulatively;
• Foreign language skills sufficient to live and conduct business abroad, highly desirable;
• Willingness to serve worldwide and to live/work overseas the majority of your career;
• Ability to write clearly and concisely in English;
• Strong interest in international affairs and in contributing to US national security;
• Willingness to undergo a full background investigation and polygraph examination;
• No illegal drug use or prescription drug misuse in the past 12 months.
Resumes with a cover letter are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Take the next step and MAIL your resume and cover letter to:
Washington, DC 20505
For this special hiring initiative, applications to the CIA Website will not be accepted. Only responses submitted to the address provided through the US Postal Service will be reviewed.